The Four Steps
Step One: Lessons in Meditation
Learn techniques in the path of Kriya Yoga including:
- Yoganandaji’s Hong-Sau technique of concentration, which he called the “baby Kriya”
- Yoganandaji’s Energization Exercises, a unique system of exercises for controlling and increasing your energy level and overcoming fatigue
- Developing a daily, consistent habit of meditation
Step Two: The Art & Science of Raja Yoga
The Art and Science of Raja Yoga contains fourteen lessons in which the original yoga science emerges in all of its glory — as a proven system for realizing one’s spiritual destiny. This book gives a profound and intimate understanding of how to apply these age-old teachings, on a practical, as well as spiritual, day-to-day level in this modern age.
Step Three: A Handbook on Discipleship
The following subjects are covered in depth:
- Does one need a living guru?
- The role of divine grace in spiritual progress
- How to follow a guru
- Becoming a disciple of Paramhansa Yoganandaji and the Ananda Sangha line of Gurus
Step Four: Preparation for Kriya Yoga
This is the final step of preparation toward initiation into the technique of Kriya. This step can only be taken after completing the first three steps.
Contact us to receive individualized personal guidance on taking the Kriya Yoga Home Study Course.
Learn Kriya Yoga at an Ananda Teaching Centre
Ananda Sangha teaching centres are located throughout India. This is the ideal way to learn Yoganandaji’s meditation practices, and to get them established in your daily life. You will have the personal support of an Ananda acharya, along with the satsang and friendship of fellow students.
Do you live far from any of our centres? Or have a schedule that would make it difficult for you to come?
You can learn the techniques and practices leading up to initiation into Kriya through the Kriya Yoga Home Study Course. The Course includes
- Digital videos of Swami Kriyananda and course instructors for each Step along the way
- Downloadable resources (pdf format) and audio learning tracks (mp3 format)
- Assessment at each stage to monitor and support your progress