What interesting times we are living in! Whoever thought we’d see something like this in our lifetime — like the plot of a movie.
A mix of fear, combined with a great awareness of the need for a change in our lifestyle, is sweeping through all beings and nations.
The buzz-word right now seems to be “social distancing” — not the most ideal phrase.
A better word would be seclusion or introspection. It’s what is being asked of us, to look within and strengthen our connection to higher realities. And rather than it be an imposition, let us consciously choose this, and see what can we do during this time?
Here are 7 practices to stay healthy, strengthen your aura and turn this unfortunate event into a blessing:
1. Be careful what you read, because it will influence your mind greatly. Don’t allow fear to paralyse your ability to emanate positive vibrations. Use an affirmation to change your inner frequency. That will infuse you, and the world, with more uplifted and positive thoughts. Yogananda gave this beautiful affirmation: “God’s power, vitality, good health and strength, flow through me, flow through me, flow through me.”
Repeat this affirmation several times throughout the day. Make these words your japa, your mantra. Whether you chant them loudly, quietly or mentally; keep them reverberating in your mind throughout this week.
2. It’s essential right now to stay healthy. Be more conscious and aware of what you eat — fresh, organic, raw foods will boost your immunity. A good time to exercise more regularly. Introduce a 30-minute yoga practice to release tension from the body and learn a simple pranayama to strengthen your lungs, bring more oxygen into your body, release toxins and calm your mind.
3. Swami Kriyananda gave this specific technique to protect yourself whenever you find yourself in an environment of low vibrations. This technique helps to create a force-field of Light around you:
Place your hands out in front of you, palms together, a little below your waistline. Then move (encircle) them in the air around your body, touching the palms together again, this time behind you; circling them back again to the first position. Repeat this motion several times, saying quietly or mentally, “AUM, Tat, Sat; AUM, Tat, Sat; AUM, Tat, Sat; AUM, Tat, Sat!” Visualize yourself completely surrounded and protected by Divine Light. The meaning of these words are, “God in the aspects of creator or Divine Mother, God within creation, and God beyond creation.”
4. Yogananda gave this technique to remove the feelings of fear from the heart:
Put your hand over your heart, next to the skin. Rub from left to right and repeat, “Heavenly Father, I am free. Remove this fear from my heart.” Do this for 5 minutes. If you continuously rub the heart from left to right and concentrate on the thought that you are taking away the feeling of fear from your heart, it will go; and the joy of God will be perceived. Then at night, before sleep say, “The Heavenly Father is with me; I am protected.” Then chant “Om” 3 times and you will feel His wonderful protection.
5. Yogananda also gave a set of 39 exercises, called the Energization Exercises that: repels away any disease; helps to form billions of new cells
within the body; it reinforces our immune system; It brings harmony and an instant sense of overall well-being. It recharges our body with cosmic energy. It energizes each body part, invigorating it, making it stronger and healthier.
Like Captain America using his magic shield against the guns of evil. In this particular case, these exercises are our protective shield! 🙂 (Watch this video of Tyagi Shurjo guiding the exercises)
6. Pray for other people and for the world. The healing prayers you send others will naturally flow through you and heal you as well. Project outwardly rays of peace and harmony all around, so we can give Mother Earth a different message. A message, especially, of gratitude for her loving sustenance for all these millennia. I’ve heard Swami Kriyananda saying, “substitute fear by thanksgiving”. Inwardly chant Aum as you share these prayers. We are certainly praying for all of you!
7. And most important of all: MEDITATE, daily. Get back to the essence of who you are: infinite joy; perfect peace; unconditional love; made in the image of God. Without that, there isn’t enough power in our words and thoughts. The power to practice the above techniques must come from God, and for that we need to communing with that power daily.
Throughout this week, Shurjo and I will be practicing these techniques, affirmations, prayers and guided meditation, LIVE on Facebook (Ananda Mumbai), for everyone who feels inspired to join us.
This is a great opportunity to unite our efforts and make, once and for all, a real change in this world. First, by changing ourselves, and then by inspiring others to do the same.
Thank you for the article. I enjoyed the content, suggested practices and accompanying photos. I feel better with having techniques to maintain my calmness amongst the busy external environment. Bless you!
Thank you Narayani, it is so helpful to read this! I will surely practice all these.
Thank you. This is great. Blessings
Aum.. Blessed to read this
Thank you for the service to God you offer in posting and for your prayers during this period of global transformation. Paramahansa Yogananda , who attained his mahasamadi six months after I was born in 1951 and who was the Guru of my Guru; Yogacharya M. Hamilton, continues to bless us all. May the Divine Mother shower you with Her Infinite Love. Om Aum Jai Guru.
Gratitudes for this timely article.
Thank you Narayani for this lovely inspiring writing. It helps a lot!
Looking forward to getting more such emails from you!
On Shanti, shanti!
Thankyou for this article, much needed during this trying time.
Thank you. Very useful during the present difficult times. Om.
Isn’t it amazing how “social distancing” can unite people… Stay all healthy and keep the energy high. Aum.
Thanks for sharing your well wishes for us. I regularly practice yoga and pranayam as you though me.thanks a lot sir…
Thank You so much for your Love, Care and Guidance during this challenging time. It will help a lot in coming days.
This article remind me what i was lose my last few years. I wiil try to do what i forgotten
Thank you. ?
Thank you so much for this uplifting blog. I started the heart rub immediately. It makes you feel better right away!
Nayaswami Devi mentioned this affirmation from Yogananda’s Scientific Healing Affirmations as beneficial for Ananda Worldwide: Heavenly Father, Thou art present in every atom, every cell, every corpuscle, every particle of nerve, brain, and tissue. I am well, for Thou art in all my body parts.
Thank you for the Beautiful Guidance.
Gratitude is what requires in this difficult times. Praying for the Universe
Is required. Together we will face and come out with Positive Results.
Thank you so much ❤️ l pray every day for the safety of fellow gurubhais of Ananda worldwide and all fellow human beings.Very inspiring message and video.Jai Guru Very thankful to master Parahansa Yoganandaji for his teahings and tools for practicing
Thank you so much ??…Most needed and inspiring…Thank You for the Divine Blessings …Much love n light to you all???
Thanks a lot
So apt in trying times of total chaos n turbulence .
Thank you so much Narayani and Shurjo
Feel so Blessed to hear you every day on the live Facebook page.
Jai Guru ???
Thank you for the beautiful satsang. It came through very well – Irene and I felt very inspired by your abundant positive energy and practical advice! We look forward to future satsangs! Bless you both for your wonderful service
Thank you for the insights , this certainly makes me more confident to face the situation
only nice words
With deep gratitude for this article and accompanying video Satsang. Very uplifting and extremely helpful. Blessings to you and everyone for all that you do on Ananda. ?❤️?
i am facing health problems and find your site so helpful. thank you. jai guru.
Namaste to Beloved Gurus,
Our Heartiest Thanks so much to you Both Gurus on Behalf of Us.
Your Very Great Service of these Timely Need of US, for Global Transformation,
Means we all are BLESSED and SAVED.
Very Good SIGN of our GURUS on us.
GANESH VARSHAN SB
I appreciate your guideance & suggestions & try to practice .Afterward hope results would be positive to give me strength.
With best regards.
Thank you for uplifting and inspirational posts.Feels like Blessings are pouring through the Divine satsang and guidance..Jai Guru.