Ananda Yoga is a yoga tradition based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and developed by his disciple Swami Kriyananda. The goal of Ananda Yoga is to experience Ananda (divine Joy) and to nourish the body, mind and soul.
The Yoga postures are designed to promote and harmonise the flow of energy in the body. Ananda Yoga is a relaxation based approach acting from a centre of poise and calmness of physical and mental relaxation. A session of
Ananda Yoga would always conclude with a meditation as it is the most powerful and central purpose of Yoga.
Ananda Yoga Session consists of Centering exercises; Warm ups; Pranayama; a sequence of Yoga Asanas followed by Savasana ; Meditation and a closing prayer. Each Asana is also accompanied by an affirmation which is mentally affirmed to deepen the spiritual qualities and benefits of the posture. More importantly they raise your state of consciousness in tune with the Asana and help you strengthen the flow of energy and deepen your experience.
In Ananda Yoga we do not emphasize a picture perfect physical alignment of the body. What we emphasize is the energetic alignment. This helps you tune into the flow of prana keeping in mind individual physical realities and sensitivities. We encourage our students to practise Ananda Yoga with patience and safety and never push themselves into any posture unless they feel ready to do so.
Ananda Yoga School of India
Ananda Yoga School of India is a registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. Our main offering is a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training at the end of which the teachers are certified and could teach yoga internationally.
In addition we offer weekly Yoga Classes in batches morning and evening.
We offer weekend workshops on topics such as:
- Surya Namaskar
- Energization Exercises as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda
- Ananda Yoga for Chakras
- Ananda Yoga for Emotional Health
- Ananda Yoga for Stress Relief
- Ananda Yoga for Busy people
- Ananda Yoga for Bone Strength
- Ananda Chair Yoga for Seniors
- Restorative Yoga – The Magic of Relaxation
- Ananda Yoga for Health and Vitality
- Ananda Yoga for a Happy Heart
- Yoga Philosophy – Classes on Bhagavad Gita and Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Ananda Yoga for Teens – Focus, Concentration and Calmness
- Advance Pranayama for Spiritual Transformation